Thursday, March 26, 2009

Stitches are out!

Just a quick update... my stitches are out! I can now finally bathe my foot again, which is a huge relief. It actually didn't smell as bad as I thought it would, haha.

I took a picture for those who are interested in that sort of thing - but it's made a couple of my friends squeamish so I won't post it. If you'd like to see it, drop me an email or leave me a comment. It basically looks bruised with a healing cut where my scar is developing. The doctor and the nurse both thought it looked really good, but my non-medical friends thought it looked gross... so that should give you a vague idea!

I'm under orders to continue taking it fairly easy for the next two weeks and wear my boot when I do any walking - exceptions being getting in and out of the shower, or a quick bathroom trip at night (Jeremy's bathroom is all of 5 feet from where I sleep).

I go back in two weeks for another check, and after that I should be able to start wearing matching shoes if all goes according to plan. I'm still on the anti-inflammatories until at least that time as well.

So to sum up, so far so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment