Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pre-op appointment

I had my pre-op appointment yesterday, so I thought I'd share a brief update, although I guess there isn't much to update...

Many of my friends have asked about the procedure. I found this pic on the internet and thought it might help make more sense.

The picture on the left shows where they'll cut the nerve, and then the blue picture on the right shows where I'll probably lose sensation after the surgery.

The doc thinks that I'll be able to walk the same day with a post-op shoe, although I won't like it much. I'll be lying pretty low for a few days, and I'll be taking pain meds, so feel free to drop by and laugh at the hilarious things I'm saying. :)

The dressing is changed after a couple days, and stitches come out after 10. I'll be in the post-op shoe for 3 and a half weeks, and then I'll be allowed to wear pretty much any shoe I want as long as I'm comfortable. Somehow I think it will still be a while before I'm back in heels - but some shoes that actually match would be a bonus!

That's the brief update on that... I'll be sure to blog after the surgery as well to keep everyone posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment